The Studio series is an evening of short works and performances that span the diverse disciplines regularly represented at REDCAT. Works are presented in an informal environment that allows both the artists and audience to experience and explore the creative process. This edition of Studio is curated by Los Angeles choreographer Rosanna Gamson and solo performer Lauren Weedman, and will include the following six original works:
- Chaos and order synchronize with space and time in Night Sky, featuring choreographer/dancer Kathleen Davidson.
- Che Edoga and his robots emerge from hiding to regale us with the second in Girl Story, a tale of what a mother will sacrifice for her daughter.
- contra-tiempo directed by Ana Maria Alvarez and a cast of salseros y salseras push, pull, let go, fight, scream, dance against time, and dance against the times.
- Diarra Oni Kilpatrick’s Roses are Red (but they also come in different colors), is a one woman piece that merges performance art with experimental theater, by weaving together monologues, song, and dance, in a celebration of love.
- Pouring Down Silver is Rich Ferguson and Paul Garrison’s sonically lyrical tale of one man alone in Las Vegas at the end of the world.
- The fiery roots vocal band, Moira Smiley & VOCO presents Bartok Sings, re-imagining Bartok's “Mikrokosmos” piano miniatures through the beautiful collision of folk roots and urban improvisation.
Studio was created to give new artists an opportunity to hone their skills and offer established artists a chance to test new material and works-in-progress before an audience. A revolving panel of working artists curates each edition. For more information on the program, contact Lindsay Hendrickson 213-237-2816.
Artists interested in auditioning new works for the program are invited to visit here
|Sun 2.19.06, 8:30 pm||$10||$8||$6|
|Mon 2.20.06, 8:30 pm||$10||$8||$6|
G - General Audience
M - REDCAT Members
ST - Students
CA - CalArts Students/Faculty/Staff